Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Riding the Struggle Bus

You remember in gym class when everyone had to take those national fitness tests? You never wanted to be the last person during the mile test, hacking and coughing, one step away from a heart attack trying to finish. Meanwhile onlookers in your gym class, standing on the sidelines, wondering why it's taking you so long to finish. That's probably the most embarrassing moment in anyone's middle school/high school life and as much as I hate to admit it, that kid was once me. I call that riding the struggle bus and at some point in life everyone experiences a moment like this.
You have those moments when you feel like dang no matter what I do, it seems like I can't win...Yea welcome to my life lol. I'm going through a phase of my life right now where it seems like when I take two steps forward, I end up ten steps back. It's like my mind and my body is at the point where not only does time goes by ten times faster than it actually should, but I just seem to perpetually be in slow motion. I would definitely have to consider myself on the front seat of the struggle bus.

However, the reoccurring theme I keep being reminded of is it's not where you started, but how you finish.
God has a way of allowing situations to happen in our lives, that will draw us closer to him and cause us to grow (whether we want to or not). I've learned through personal experience that He will put us on the struggle bus when He wants our attention. No matter how defeated I feel, there's a still small voice in the back of my mind that reminds me I am more than a conqueror. I know God is requiring something out of me and until he gets the response He looks for, I will continue to have that reserved seat on the struggle bus.

For those who are fellow passengers, remember to look to God for direction and answers. We are all on a journey and God requires different things of us at different times. No two people are alike in his eyes. Pray and I guarantee that He will answer. Never stop listening to that still small voice and even if you don't do exactly what He tells you to. Know that God is faithful and He will never stop listening.


1 comment:

  1. Amen and I thank GOD for this message. I been a member of the stuggling bus so long, I think I left a butt print! but thankful HE has not given up on me...now time to work on my issue of having given up on myself. Work in progress in deed, but glad the creator hasn't given up yet!

    ReplyDelete